Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media & Communication
Find Your Space to Create Your Future
Want to Advance Your Career? Hi. Welcome to Hilbert. ¶
At Hilbert College Global, our online BA in Digital Media & Communication program prepares you to be a well-rounded, forward-thinking communications expert. You’ll develop the critical storytelling and creative-thinking skills to contribute your knowledge across the media and industries that interest you most—whether you’d like to pursue opportunities in journalism, television, film, public relations or marketing, for example.
Our expert, industry-experienced faculty and small classes foster an engaged online community that empowers you to become a dynamic thought leader who is equipped to innovate in an ever-evolving digital media landscape. And once you’ve graduated, you’ll be welcomed into a supportive alumni network that offers a lifelong sense of belonging.
Are you ready to get the education you need for an exciting, purpose-driven career? Join us at Hilbert.
Where Growth Happens
Earning a bachelor’s degree in digital media and communication prepares you for a variety of rewarding careers. During your time in the online program, you’ll develop a firm understanding of:
- Integrated marketing
- Graphic design
- Film and visual effects
- Multimedia journalism
Find Your Career Path
Communications professionals are always in demand. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects employment in media and communication occupations to grow 14% from 2020 to 2030, faster than average. Some of the career paths that our graduates take include*:
Public Relations Specialist
Median Annual Salary: $62,800
Median Annual Salary: $50,710
News Analyst, Reporter or Journalist
Median Annual Salary: $48,370
Film and Video Editor or Camera Operator
Median Annual Salary: $60,360
Market Research Analyst or Marketing Specialist
Median Annual Salary: $63,920
*Salary information provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Required Courses in Major (9 Courses, 27 Credit Hours) ¶
- COM 110 Introduction to Mass Media (3 credits)
- COM 170 Multimedia Production I (3 credits)
- COM 180 Multimedia Production II (3 credits)
- COM 210 Media Analysis (3 credits)
- COM 211 Mass Communication Theory (3 credits)
- COM 320 Law and Ethics II (3 credits)
- COM 491 Internship (3 credits)
- EN 240 The Art of Persuasion (3 credits)
- MA 200 Topics in Statistics (3 credits)
Courses in Concentration (4 Courses, 12 Credits) ¶
- Film and Visual Effects Concentration
- COM 365 Digital Filmmaking (3 credits)
- COM 375 Digital Film Editing (3 credits)
- COM 385 2D/3D Graphics (3 credits)
- COM 455 2D/3D Advanced Graphics (3 credits) or
- COM 478 Documentary Filmmaking (3 credits)
Graphic Design Concentration ¶
- COM 270 Digital Photography (3 credits)
- COM 273 Graphic Design (3 credits)
- COM 281 Web Design (3 credits)
- COM 305 Visual Communication (3 credits)
Integrated Marketing Concentration ¶
- COM 261 Concepts of Integrated Marketing (3 credits)
- COM 344 Public Relations Writing (3 credits)
- COM 348 Advertising Copywriting (3 credits)
- COM 362 Integrated Marketing Research (3 credits)
Multimedia Journalism Concentration ¶
- COM 343 Journalism (3 credits)
- COM 360 Press Relations (3 credits)
- COM 442 Multimedia Journalism (3 credits)
- COM 443 Journalism Practicum (3 credits)
Communications Electives (4 Courses, 12 Credits) ¶
- Immersive Learning Course (3 credits)
- Communications Course, Upper Level (3 credits)
- Communications Course, Upper Level (3 credits)
- Communications Course, Lower Level (3 credits)
General Education Requirements (7 Courses, 21 Credit Hours) ¶
- COM 151 Public Speaking (3 credits)
- EN 101 College Writing (3 credits)
- EN 102 Writing in the Humanities (3 credits)
- GS 101 Foundations Seminar (3 credits)
- GS 201 Service Learning and Civic Engagement (3 credits)
- PS 402 Junior Symposium (3 credits)
- RS 206 Franciscanism (3 credits)
Specific General Education Core Modules (6 Courses, 18 Credit Hours) ¶
- American History/Western Civilization Elective (3 credits)
- Foreign Culture and Language Elective (3 credits)
- Natural Science Elective (3 credits)
- Social Sciences Elective (3 credits)
- General Education Elective (3 credits)
General Electives (5 Courses, 15 Credit Hours) ¶
- All College Electives (5 courses, 3 credits each)
Electives, Upper Level (6 Courses, 18 Credit Hours) ¶
- Liberal Arts Electives, Upper Level (4 courses, 3 credits each)
- All College Electives, Upper Level (2 courses, 3 credits each)
You’ll learn from professional writers, marketers and media experts with decades of experience in the field of communications.
"Hilbert afforded me opportunities to assume leadership roles, while the smaller class sizes provided for a more intimate and personal educational experience. The dedication of faculty to each student and the resources available at Hilbert provided me with the experience and knowledge to land interviews and, ultimately, be successful in my desired field of work."
Digital Media & Communication Alumnus
Financing Your Degree
$450 per credit
95% of students receive some form of financial aid
At Hilbert College Global, we’re committed to making your education affordable and accessible. For a full-time student on a four-year track, the cost of tuition will be $13,500 per year—books are included. However, our transfer-friendly policies and financial aid may significantly reduce the cost of your degree.
Our cultural foundation in inclusivity and support creates a welcoming learning community that guides students to become servant leaders.
Hilbert was ranked in the top 25% in the nation for return on investment by Georgetown University’s Center on Education and the Workforce.
Thanks to an 11:1 student-to-instructor ratio, you’ll develop strong relationships with our industry-leading faculty members, who are committed to your success.
You’ll gain knowledge in key areas such as finance, accounting, supply chain and human resources, making you a valuable contributor to organizations across industries.
All courses are asynchronous and last eight weeks, with six convenient start dates throughout the year.
You’ll learn about the impact of mass media and marketing on society, investigating issues surrounding race, gender and inclusion and how they relate to the stories we tell.
The next class start date is approaching. Don’t wait to apply!
Get Your Degree While You Work
Flexible scheduling, affordable tuition and accelerated degree programs allow you to balance your personal and professional life while earning your degree.APPLY NOW
Your Space to Belong
Applying to Hilbert College Global is fast, simple and completely free. We’re committed to serving transfer students by accepting AP, IB, CLEP and Dantes (DSST) credit. We’ll also waive general education requirements for students who have earned at least 60 credit hours through prior education.
To complete your application, take the following steps.
- Create an account and set a password.
- Provide the required materials in the application portal:
- Completed application
- Official transcripts from high school and any other collegiate institutions where you’ve attended
- Send transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Online Admissions, Hilbert College Global, 5200 South Park Avenue, Hamburg, New York, 14075
- Once we receive your completed application and transcripts, your assigned admissions counselor will connect with you personally to guide you through the remainder of the enrollment process. Have questions or concerns? We’re here to help. Contact us at +1 (716) 320-7900 or by email at email@example.com.
About Hilbert College Global
Hilbert College is an independent institution of higher learning that embraces its Franciscan heritage and values. Students from diverse backgrounds learn through liberal arts and professional programs to become informed citizens committed to serving and strengthening their communities.
Want to learn more about Hilbert College Global's programs?
Fill out the form below, and an admissions representative will reach out to you via email or phone with more information.
After you have completed the form, you will be automatically redirected to explore more information about Hilbert College Global and your chosen program.
or call +1 (716) 320-7900
By submitting this form, I am providing my digital signature agreeing that Hilbert College Global may email me or contact me regarding educational services by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology at the telephone number(s) provided above. I understand this consent is not a condition to attend Hilbert College Global or to purchase any other goods or services.