Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
Discover Your Purpose
Want to Advance Your Career? Hi. Welcome to Hilbert. ¶
At Hilbert College Global, our BS in Criminal Justice is widely considered one of the best college programs of its kind in the state of New York because of our hands-on approach, strong community connections and industry-leading expert faculty. With our fully online courses, you can enroll in and benefit from this top program no matter where you live.
Our program equips students with the critical thinking, communication, research, analysis and problem-solving skills to be forward-thinking leaders who prioritize equity and justice. No matter your field of interest—from social services and juvenile justice to law enforcement and lawmaking—Hilbert College Global can help you reach your career goals in a flexible, 100% online environment.
Are you ready to learn to lead through service to others? Join us at Hilbert.
Where Career Transformation Happens
Earning a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice can prepare you for a meaningful career that leads to both personal and professional growth. During your time in the online program, you’ll develop a firm understanding of:
- Research methods
- Ethics and corrections
- Scientific and social issues
- Topics surrounding diversity
Find Your Career Path
The field of criminal justice offers a variety of impactful, well-paying career paths that encompass much more than just police work. Criminal justice professionals work in contexts such as the courts, corrections, forensics, private security and more. Some of the career paths that our graduates take include*:
Median Annual Salary: $64,710
Forensic Science Technician
Median Annual Salary: $61,930
Median Annual Salary: $56,230
Median Annual Salary: $66,020
Median Annual Salary: $47,920
*Salary information provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Required Courses in Major (11 Courses, 33 Credits) ¶
- CJ 101 Introduction to Criminal Justice (3 credits)
- CJ 200 Introduction to Corrections (3 credits)
- CJ 202 Introduction to Law and Justice (3 credits)
- CJ 204 Crime and Society (3 credits)
- CJ 305 Research Methods in Social Sciences (3 credits)
- CJ 330 Ethics in the Criminal Justice System (3 credits)
- CJ 335/SO 306 Diversity Issues in Criminal Justice (3 credits)
- CJ 402 Advanced Criminological Theory (3 credits)
- CJ 404 Criminal Investigations/Criminalistics (3 credits)
- CJ 405 Seminar in Criminal Justice (3 credits)
- FS 320 Interview and Interrogation Techniques (3 credits)
Major Electives (3 Courses, 9 Credits) ¶
- Criminal Justice Elective, Upper Level (3 credits)
- Criminal Justice Elective, Upper Level (3 credits)
- Criminal Justice Elective, Any Level (3 credits)
General Requirements in Major (3 Courses, 9 Credits) ¶
- MA 200 Topics in Statistics (3 credits)
- SO 101 Introduction to Sociology (3 credits)
- SO 201 Social Problems (3 credits)
General Education Requirements (7 Courses, 21 Credit Hours) ¶
- COM 151 Public Speaking (3 credits)
- EN 101 College Writing (3 credits)
- EN 102 Writing in the Humanities (3 credits)
- GS 101 Foundations Seminar (3 credits)
- GS 201 Service Learning and Civic Engagement (3 credits)
- PS 402 Junior Symposium (3 credits)
- RS 206 Franciscanism (3 credits)
Specific General Education Core Modules (5 Courses, 15 Credit Hours) ¶
- American History/Western Civilization Elective (3 credits)
- Humanities Elective (3 credits)
- Art Elective (3 credits)
- Foreign Culture and Language Elective (3 credits)
- Natural Science Elective (3 credits)
General Electives (6 Courses, 18 Credit Hours) ¶
- MIS Elective (3 credits)
- Liberal Arts Elective (3 credits)
- All College Electives (4 courses, 3 credits each)
Electives, Upper Level (5 Courses, 15 Credit Hours) ¶
- Liberal Arts Electives, Upper Level (3 courses, 3 credits each)
- All College Electives, Upper Level (2 courses, 3 credits each)
You’ll work with professors to conduct research through Hilbert’s Institute for Law and Justice, a nationally renowned resource for a wide range of law and justice-related issues.
“Everyone at Hilbert that I have been involved with has been amazing; everyone is so informative, understanding, compassionate—driven to help other students and me succeed.”
Criminal Justice Transfer Student
Financing Your Degree
$450 per credit
Average time to complete: 4 years
At Hilbert College Global, we’re committed to making your education affordable and accessible. For a full-time student on a four-year track, the cost of tuition will be $17,550 per year. However, our transfer-friendly policies and financial aid may significantly reduce the cost of your degree.
Our cultural foundation in inclusivity and support creates a welcoming learning community that guides students to become servant leaders.
Hilbert was ranked in the top 25% in the nation for return on investment by Georgetown University’s Center on Education and the Workforce.
Thanks to an 11:1 student-to-instructor ratio, you’ll develop strong relationships with our industry-leading faculty members, who are committed to your success.
You’ll gain knowledge in key areas such as finance, accounting, supply chain and human resources, making you a valuable contributor to organizations across industries.
All courses are asynchronous and last eight weeks, with six convenient start dates throughout the year.
Courses in diversity and ethics help you to stand out to potential employers who are prioritizing DEI initiatives.
The next class start date is approaching. Don’t wait to apply!
Get Your Degree While You Work
Flexible scheduling, affordable tuition and accelerated degree programs allow you to balance your personal and professional life while earning your degree.APPLY NOW
Your Space to Belong
Applying to Hilbert College Global is fast, simple and completely free. We’re committed to serving transfer students by accepting AP, IB, CLEP and Dantes (DSST) credit. We’ll also waive general education requirements for students who have earned at least 60 credit hours through prior education.
To complete your application, take the following steps.
- Create an account and set a password.
- Provide the required materials in the application portal:
- Completed application
- Official transcripts from high school and any other collegiate institutions where you’ve attended
- Send transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Online Admissions, Hilbert College Global, 5200 South Park Avenue, Hamburg, New York, 14075
- Once we receive your completed application and transcripts, your assigned admissions counselor will connect with you personally to guide you through the remainder of the enrollment process. Have questions or concerns? We’re here to help. Contact us at +1 (716) 320-7900 or by email at email@example.com.
About Hilbert College Global
Hilbert College is an independent institution of higher learning that embraces its Franciscan heritage and values. Students from diverse backgrounds learn through liberal arts and professional programs to become informed citizens committed to serving and strengthening their communities.
Want to learn more about Hilbert College Global's programs?
Fill out the form below, and an admissions representative will reach out to you via email or phone with more information.
After you have completed the form, you will be automatically redirected to explore more information about Hilbert College Global and your chosen program.
or call +1 (716) 320-7900
By submitting this form, I am providing my digital signature agreeing that Hilbert College Global may email me or contact me regarding educational services by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology at the telephone number(s) provided above. I understand this consent is not a condition to attend Hilbert College Global or to purchase any other goods or services.