Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts
Discover Convenient, Flexible Education
Want an Education Tailored to Your Interests? Hi, Welcome to Hilbert. ¶
Education is supposed to free your mind. But for some students, being confined to a rigid curriculum or particular subject can be constricting rather than freeing. That’s why Hilbert College Global created the online Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts, an electives-focused degree program that allows you to pick and choose the topics you’d like to study.
The AA in Liberal Arts gives you the opportunity to explore topics across the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences, allowing you to craft an eclectic degree experience tailored around your specific interests or career goals. Our advisors will work closely with you to map out your course of study to build an actionable plan for your future, ensuring you take courses that set you up for long-term success—whether you plan on advancing your career or pursuing a bachelor’s degree first.
Are you ready to take control of your education? Say hi to Hilbert.
See Where an AA in Liberal Arts Can Take You
The online AA in Liberal Arts is the most flexible associate degree we offer at Hilbert College Global, with an electives-heavy curriculum that allows for more freedom of choice. Regardless of the courses you choose to take, the AA in Liberal Arts will help you develop critical-thinking skills, a commitment to serving the greater good and more diverse perspectives. As a liberal arts student, you can study topics like:
- Art history
- Political science
Carve Your Career Path
An AA in Liberal Arts gives you an eclectic foundation of knowledge that will allow you to pursue a variety of career options, such as*:
Median Annual Salary: $29,360
Human Resources Assistant
Median Annual Salary: $42,620
Executive Administrative Assistant
Median Annual Salary: $66,870
Customer Service Representative
Median Annual Salary: $36,920
*Salary information provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
General Education Requirements (6 Courses, 18 Credit Hours) ¶
- COM 151 Public Speaking (3 credits)
- EN 101 College Writing (3 credits)
- EN 102 Writing for the Humanities (3 credits)
- GS 101 Foundations Seminar (3 credits)
- GS 201 Service Learning and Civic Engagement (3 credits)
- Religious Studies (3 credits)
Specific General Education Core Modules (8 Courses, 24 Credit Hours) ¶
- Mathematics Elective (3 credits)
- Humanities Elective (3 credits)
- Arts Elective (3 credits)
- Natural Science Elective (3 credits)
- Social Science Elective (3 credits)
- American History/Western Civilization Elective (3 credits)
- Foreign Culture and Language Elective (3 credits)
- General Education Elective (3 credits)
General Electives (6 Courses, 18 Credit Hours) ¶
- Art History or Music Elective (3 credits)
- Liberal Arts Electives (2 courses, 3 credits each)
- All College Electives (3 courses, 3 credits each)
You’ll learn from experts in the arts, sciences and mathematics.
“Everyone at Hilbert that I have been involved with has been amazing; everyone is so informative, understanding, compassionate—driven to help other students and I succeed."
The Cost of an Online AAS in Business Administration
$450 per credit
95% of students receive some form of financial aid
At Hilbert College Global, we’re committed to making your education affordable and accessible. For a full-time associate degree student on a two-year track, the cost of tuition will be $13,500 per year—books are included. However, our transfer-friendly policies and financial aid may significantly reduce the cost of your degree.
The AA in Liberal Arts is focused on elective courses, giving you more control of your educational experience.
Hilbert was ranked in the top 25% in the nation for return on investment by Georgetown University’s Center on Education and the Workforce.
Our cultural foundation in inclusivity and support creates a welcoming learning community that guides students to become servant leaders.
Diverse Learning Opportunities
With such a breadth of courses offered under the degree, you'll have the opportunity to cover a variety of topics across multiple disciplines.
All courses are asynchronous and last eight weeks, with six convenient start dates throughout the year.
Thanks to an 11:1 student-to-instructor ratio, you’ll develop strong relationships with our industry-leading faculty members, who are committed to your success.
The next class start date is approaching. Don’t wait to apply!
Get Your Degree While You Work
Flexible scheduling, affordable tuition and accelerated degree programs allow you to balance your personal and professional life while earning your degree.APPLY NOW
Start Your Journey at Hilbert—Apply Today
Applying to Hilbert College Global is fast, simple and completely free. We’re committed to serving transfer students by accepting AP, IB, CLEP and Dantes (DSST) credit. We’ll also waive general education requirements for students who have earned at least 60 credit hours through prior education.
To complete your application, take the following steps.
- Create an account and set a password.
- Provide the required materials in the application portal:
- Completed application
- Official transcripts from high school and any other collegiate institutions where you’ve attended
- Send transcripts to email@example.com or by mail to: Online Admissions, Hilbert College Global, 5200 South Park Avenue, Hamburg, New York, 14075
- Once we receive your completed application and transcripts, your assigned admissions counselor will connect with you personally to guide you through the remainder of the enrollment process. Have questions or concerns? We’re here to help. Contact us at +1 (716) 320-7900 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Hilbert College
Hilbert College is an independent institution of higher learning that embraces its Franciscan heritage and values. Students from diverse backgrounds learn through liberal arts and professional programs to become informed citizens committed to serving and strengthening their communities.
Want to learn more about Hilbert College Global's programs?
Fill out the form below, and an admissions representative will reach out to you via email or phone with more information.
After you have completed the form, you will be automatically redirected to explore more information about Hilbert College Global and your chosen program.
or call +1 (716) 320-7900
By submitting this form, I am providing my digital signature agreeing that Hilbert College Global may email me or contact me regarding educational services by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology at the telephone number(s) provided above. I understand this consent is not a condition to attend Hilbert College Global or to purchase any other goods or services.