Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies
Find Your Space to Claim Your Purpose
Want to Control the Direction of Your Degree? Hi. Welcome to Hilbert. ¶
A college education is supposed to open your mind, broaden your perspective and introduce you to new ideologies, thought processes and subjects you might not have encountered before. Hilbert College Global’s online Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies embodies this mission, offering you the unique opportunity to explore courses across the social sciences, humanities and natural sciences and craft a degree experience around the topics you’re most interested in.
Through the liberal studies degree, you’ll gain an eclectic foundation of knowledge while developing critical-thinking skills and a fierce commitment to amplifying goodness. The electives-focused curriculum gives you the freedom to create your own degree path, and Hilbert’s devotion to service and social good will help you use your newfound knowledge to effect positive change around you.
Are you ready to take control of your education? Say hi to Hilbert.
Take Control of Your Educational Experience
The online Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies is one of the most flexible degrees at Hilbert College Global, offering a wide breadth of electives on top of the core undergraduate curriculum. Regardless of the courses you choose to take, our BS in Liberal Studies will help you develop critical-thinking skills, a multicultural perspective and a commitment to serving the greater good. As a liberal studies student, you’ll have the opportunity to study topics like:
- Art history
- Political science
Carve Your Career Path
Thanks to the diverse courses available in the liberal studies program, you'll be prepared for a variety of careers after graduation. With your newly developed skills, and depending on what you study, you can pursue careers like*:
Elementary/Middle School Teacher
Median Annual Salary: $61,350
Public Relations Specialist
Median Annual Salary: $62,800
Median Annual Salary: $122,510
Human Resources Specialist
Median Annual Salary: $62,290
Community Service Manager
Median Annual Salary: $74,000
*Salary information provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Required Courses in Major (5 Courses, 15 Credit Hours) ¶
- COM 240 The Art of Persuasion (3 credits)
- EN 340 Professional and Technical Writing (3 credits)
- EN 341 Advanced Writing (3 credits)
- HI 288 World History and Geography (3 credits)
- HI 289 World History and Geography II (3 credits)
Major Electives, Any Level (4 Courses, 12 Credits) ¶
- Liberal Studies Electives (4 courses, 3 credits each)
Major Electives, Upper Level (5 Courses, 15 Credits) ¶
- Liberal Studies Electives, Upper Level (5 courses, 3 credits each)
General Education Requirements (7 Courses, 21 Credit Hours) ¶
- COM 151 Public Speaking (3 credits)
- EN 101 College Writing (3 credits)
- EN 102 Writing in the Humanities (3 credits)
- GS 101 Foundations Seminar (3 credits)
- GS 201 Service Learning and Civic Engagement (3 credits)
- PS 402 Junior Symposium (3 credits)
- RS 206 Franciscanism (3 credits)
Specific General Education Core Modules (8 Courses, 24 Credit Hours) ¶
- Social Science Elective (3 credits)
- Natural Science Elective (3 credits)
- American History/Western Civilization Elective (3 credits)
- Humanities Elective (3 credits)
- Art Elective (3 credits)
- Foreign Culture and Language Elective (3 credits)
- Mathematics Elective (3 credits)
- General Education Elective (3 credits)
General Electives (4 Courses, 12 Credit Hours) ¶
- All College Electives (3 credits each)
Electives, Upper Level (7 Courses, 21 Credit Hours) ¶
- Liberal Arts Electives, Upper Level (4 courses, 3 credits each)
- All College Electives, Upper Level (3 courses, 3 credits each)
You’ll learn from an experienced team of PhDs who are experts in the fields of sociology, history, philosophy and political science.
Jessica Hoffman, PhD
Assistant Professor of Sociologyjhoffman17@hilbert.edu
Erin Warford, PhD
Assistant Professor of Historyewarford@hilbert.edu
Gordon Snow, PhD
Professor of Philosophy
716-649-7900, ext. firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Kolin, PhD
Professor of Political Science
716-649-7900, ext. email@example.com
“Everyone at Hilbert that I have been involved with has been amazing; everyone is so informative, understanding, compassionate—driven to help other students and I succeed."
The Cost of an Online BS in Liberal Studies
$450 per credit
95% of students receive some form of financial aid
At Hilbert College Global, we’re committed to making your education affordable and accessible. For a full-time student on a four-year track, the cost of tuition will be $13,500 per year—books are included. However, our transfer-friendly policies and financial aid may significantly reduce the cost of your degree.
Elective courses make up 70% of the BS in Liberal Studies curriculum, giving you more control of your educational experience.
Hilbert was ranked in the top 25% in the nation for return on investment by Georgetown University’s Center on Education and the Workforce.
Our cultural foundation in inclusivity and support creates a welcoming learning community that guides students to become servant leaders.
Diverse Learning Opportunities
With such a breadth of courses offered under the degree, you'll have the opportunity to cover a variety of topics across multiple disciplines.
All courses are asynchronous and last eight weeks, with six convenient start dates throughout the year.
Thanks to an 11:1 student-to-instructor ratio, you’ll develop strong relationships with our industry-leading faculty members, who are committed to your success.
The next class start date is approaching. Don’t wait to apply!
Get Your Degree While You Work
Flexible scheduling, affordable tuition and accelerated degree programs allow you to balance your personal and professional life while earning your degree.APPLY NOW
Start Your Journey at Hilbert—Apply Today
Applying to Hilbert College Global is fast, simple and completely free. We’re committed to serving transfer students by accepting AP, IB, CLEP and Dantes (DSST) credit. We’ll also waive general education requirements for students who have earned at least 60 credit hours through prior education.
To complete your application, take the following steps.
- Create an account and set a password.
- Provide the required materials in the application portal:
- Completed application
- Official transcripts from high school and any other collegiate institutions where you’ve attended
- Send transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Online Admissions, Hilbert College Global, 5200 South Park Avenue, Hamburg, New York, 14075
- Once we receive your completed application and transcripts, your assigned admissions counselor will connect with you personally to guide you through the remainder of the enrollment process. Have questions or concerns? We’re here to help. Contact us at +1 (716) 320-7900 or by email at email@example.com.
About Hilbert College Global
Hilbert College is an independent institution of higher learning that embraces its Franciscan heritage and values. Students from diverse backgrounds learn through liberal arts and professional programs to become informed citizens committed to serving and strengthening their communities.
Want to learn more about Hilbert College Global's programs?
Fill out the form below, and an admissions representative will reach out to you via email or phone with more information.
After you have completed the form, you will be automatically redirected to explore more information about Hilbert College Global and your chosen program.
or call +1 (716) 320-7900
By submitting this form, I am providing my digital signature agreeing that Hilbert College Global may email me or contact me regarding educational services by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology at the telephone number(s) provided above. I understand this consent is not a condition to attend Hilbert College Global or to purchase any other goods or services.