Best Self Partnership

Employees can complete courses that will aid in applying for the CASAC certificate or earn a degree in Alcohol & Substance Abuse Counseling.  

Partnerships Contact

Inquiring about partnership details? Connect with us – we are committed to helping our students succeed in their academic journeys. 

Nicole DeStefano-Stone
Online Program Counselor
Call: (716) 926 – 8785

Application & Admissions Process

Best Self employees are encouraged to speak with your Manager and the HR office to discuss career pathways and certificate requirements. The NYS Office of Addiction Services and Support website offers information regarding requirements to receive certifications in the credentialing of substance use counselors and prevention practitioners.


  • Enroll as a non-degree seeking student in required courses that will aid in applying for the CASAC certificate
    • To determine what courses are needed, review and compare your previous transcripts to what OASAS is looking for to qualify for the CASAC 
    • Contact Michele Waczkowski in the Best Self HR Department for further questions.

Admissions Procedure

Degree seeking students applying for the associate degree in Alcohol & Substance Abuse Counseling:

  1.  Submit free online application
  2. Submit all official transcripts

Non-degree seeing students interested in taking a few courses that will aid in applying for the CASAC certificate: 

  1. Submit the non-degree seeking application 

Tuition Cost & Financial Aid

  • Students should complete the FAFSA to be considered for State and Federal Aid.
    • Hilbert FAFSA code is 002735
    • Hilbert TAP code is 2083

  • Best Self employees should contact their HR department for more information regarding financial benefits.